Jan 2, 2011

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!!  I'm not a big one for resolutions per say, but I do admit to making a few "goals" for the year ahead.  One of mine is to keep blogging.

That said, while perusing some lecture notes from the Lavish un-conference for lifestyle bloggers, I  realize that I've unwittingly already broken the golden rule of blogging - consistency.  Apparently, every panel advisor and speaker at Lavish strongly recommended posting on a regular, frequent basis.... something I completely failed to do while taking a lengthy holiday hiatus.  Whoops.

So what's the whole Lavish un-conference thing?  A big gathering of lifestyle bloggers that took place in Atlanta last month.  I wasn't able to attend, but am grateful to Coco & Kelley blogger,  Cassandra Lavelle, for mentioning it in her blog so that I was able to track down some of the super helpful tips presented there (btw, her blog Coco and Kelley totally inspires me to get my act together and you should definitely check it out!).  Researching Lavish also introduced me to its founder, Shameeka Ayers, a girl I can't help but love for two reasons:  1) She writes a blog "The Broke Socialite" and  2)  She is author of a soon-to-be-released book called "Instantly: How Quickly I Realized I Hated My Job."  Love That.  So Much.

So I will try to blog consistently over the next 12 months and put all these new tips to use in an effort to bring you as many fun ideas for your home, your dinner, or your next party as I can.  Time to get to work.

Design by Jolene Ballard & Amanda Mallson of Domicile Interior Design,
Photo in Rue Magazine Nov/Dec 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in! I look forward to hearing from you ~ Kitty