Jan 17, 2011

Rustic Winter Decor


I love a long weekend, particularly when all these snowstorms have my yard looking like a winter wonderland.  Ideally, I'd like to spend the afternoon sipping hot toddies around this outdoor fireplace....


Sans the lux covered porch set-up, I'd settle for cozy-ing up my living room with some of these winter accessories -  together they channel a similar, slightly glamorous version of this rustic lodge look...

winter glam-rustic accessories

Top Photo:  by Miguel Flores-Vianna for Elle Decor, Jan. 2011.  
& Lamp from West Elm, The Watcher owl pillow from Envelop, Antler Candlesticks from Roost.

This photo collage is my first step into trying out new things on my blog.  A big thanks to Erica Reitman of Design Blahg and Nicole Cohen of Sketch 42 - - a recap of their "Tricks of the Trade" presentation at last month's Lavish conference turned me on to Olioboard, the website that enabled me to make this collage.  If you are trying to pull together a look for a wedding, a new living room, or you're just one of those people who loves making mood boards, you must check it out.  The site is so intuitive, even I was able to figure it out pretty quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in! I look forward to hearing from you ~ Kitty