Feb 5, 2011

Chic Workspaces - Part III

For the final installment of the Chic Workspaces series, I'm moving in a more masculine direction.  I love all the sleek, glossy lines of this desk and chair.  The mirror  placement is a great idea for those of us with our desks shoved against a wall (me me me!), because the only thing worse than sitting down to tackle emails is to do it facing a dark corner.   All these reflective surfaces might be overwhelming without the textured grasscloth wallcovering - it absorbs light and softens the overall look.  But it's the mix of vintage and contemporary furnishings that really give this workspace its sophistication.  A great manspace  - if the man is a tidy man and doesn't have much paperwork.


Interior Design by Ron Marvin as shown in Lonny Magazine Oct/Nov 2009



A few pieces I'd use to create this effect at home....


Clockwise from Top Left:  Burl Frame Mirror from Pacific Connections, Table Lamp from Arteriors Home, Sprinkbok Trophy from Jayson Home & Garden, Vintage Classic Saarinen Executive Chair from Las Venus at 1stDibs.com, Vintage Oushak rug from Jayson Home & Garden, Wastebasket from Matahari Home, Mason Desk from William Sonoma Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in! I look forward to hearing from you ~ Kitty