Mar 19, 2013

Did I mention Brass is back?

My love for all things shiny and gold continues.  Interiors always follow fashion, and just as I've been craving stacks of gold bracelets and a rose gold watch (don't even get me started on my need for rose gold), I'm currently obsessed with brass and gold finishes in the home.

I wrote about it in my River Journal column, but forgot to include it in my last post on design trends in 2013 - Brass and other warm metals are in again.  Designers are tired of seeing chrome and polished nickel everywhere and are turning to sunnier accents.

Check out Bailey and Pete McCarthy's gorgeous brass fixtures and accessories as seen in Matchbook magazine.

         Super sophisticated against glossy black trim and carrera marble...


 Pretty brass knobs against shiny evergreen...so chic.   I'm also a huge fan of using a real rug in the kitchen.  Hides every kind of sin and dresses up the industrial island.

LOVE the nailhead detail on the bar.  And the brass on gray - my favorite combo of the moment.



I plan to stay on trend with some brass accessories, like this cheeky elephant.  My favorite finds are from High Street Market - a great online shop and an inspiring design blog by Kelly Galvin Robson.  I found all of these fabulous accents there!
Janet the Hippo is just the sort of gal I'd like to keep me company in my office.

This tray is the perfect size for holding pretty business cards.


Because I can't resist glitter.



This would look so great over a vintage bar cart!  I'm thinking martinis and "The Girl from Ipanema" playing softly in the background...


I envision this with a black shade - instant drama.

Garage Sales are also great places to find brass accessories, so I'll be keeping an eye out for them as we head into summer.  Happy Brass Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in! I look forward to hearing from you ~ Kitty