Feb 13, 2015

Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes for Valentines Day

On Valentines Day Matt and I prefer to stay in and avoid the crowds and overpriced pre-fix menus, but we do like to celebrate with a special dinner and dessert at home.  Since Lulu loves to bake and all three of us are total chocoholics, I thought we could make some really gooey, decadent cupcakes this year.

My Mom passed this recipe on to me, and it's one of my favorites.  You really just add a few extras to a cake-mix, so it's super easy to make.  My kind of cooking : )

Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes
1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix & the ingredients it requires
12 oz.  Caramel Topping (like for ice cream)
8 oz. Cool Whip
3 Heath Bars, Crunched


Bake the chocolate cupcakes according to box directions.  I used a Devil's Food mix that you just mix with some oil, water, and eggs.  I let my sous chef do the heavy lifting on this one.



While they're still warm, punch a hole in the top of each cupcake with a wooden spoon handle.  Spoon a little caramel topping over each cupcake, so it oozes down into the hole and covers the top in a very thin layer.  Then let cool.  When completely cool, spread Cool Whip over top like frosting and sprinkle with the crunched up Heath Bars.  That's it!  People will never guess that these basically came from a box - they are SO delicious!

Now try to eat just one : )


Happy Valentines Day!!  
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in! I look forward to hearing from you ~ Kitty