Feb 2, 2015

Loving Pink

Ever since Lulu was born, I've been really into pink.  As a New Yorker, I spent 10 years rocking head-to-toe black, gray, navy, or some combination thereof. But since moving to Ohio and having a baby girl, I find myself wearing a lot more color.   Even pink - a color I never would have worn a few years ago.

At first it was just a scarf here or there.  Then a few pink tops found their way into my dresser, and then last spring I found myself buying a pink handbag.  And carrying it.  Every. Single. Day.  This fall, I fell in love with a cozy, bordeaux colored toggle coat, paired it with my blush colored bag, and accepted the fact that I'm now sporting all kinds of pink on a regular basis.
Scarf (old) / Toggle Coat  / Bag (old)

Now that my closet is full of pink, I'm feeling the itch to bring some into our decor.   And seeing as Marsala is the Pantone Color of the Year, I'm clearly not alone on this : )

I will probably just start by adding a few pink accents, like in these rooms.

source unknown, found on pinterest



keila marino's home as seen on design*sponge

keila marino's home as seen on design*sponge 

from miu miou tumblr


I love that these homeowners went bolder with their pink choices, but these pieces are a bit more of an investment.  Not sure that I can indulge my color crush with anything this big right now.




Source Unknown


And these rooms are just all out pink.  Really pretty, but I don't think Matt would go for this much.

House Beautiful

John Robshaw's living room, I think? sofa is different...






Are you feeling the pink too?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in! I look forward to hearing from you ~ Kitty