Feb 11, 2015

Stylish Fabrics on Minted.com

I've really struggled to find stylish fabrics since leaving my firm and its To The Trade Account.  I used to come home from the D&D with shopping bags loaded down with fabric samples, and now I can barely find one or two to get excited about at most of the chain fabric stores.  Enter Minted.com.

Minted considers itself "a marketplace of independent artists," so I always thought of them as as a great source for artwork - I even wrote about it in the River Journal last Feb.  And they've become a total favorite for stationary and announcements (you've definitely rec'd a christmas card or baby announcement from minted whether you know it or not). But somehow I missed the whole fabric thing!

Minted is able to offer unique, truly original patterns because it offers product from a variety of independent textile designers.  The company hosts ongoing design challenges in which artists (maybe you?) submit their work,  and shoppers vote for their favorites.  The winning designs are picked up and sold through the website.  So Minted gets product its customers have literally asked to buy, artists gain exposure and a sales platform, and we get chic, stylish patterns at super-affordable prices.  Win Win Win!

A few of my faves~

pointillism

vine & berry

painterly splash

water pines


chalkboard floral

seville mosaic

print block


They also carry some fun prints for kids' spaces ~

animal mix

elephant hearts

into the woods

hashmark clouds


These all come in several colorways and are only $32/yd.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in! I look forward to hearing from you ~ Kitty