Mar 24, 2015

Buffalo Checks Feel Fresh


I used to think of buffalo checks as being awfully "country" - for me, the term conjured up images of ruffled valances in the Country Curtains catalog and overstuffed chairs in a log cabin.   But I've recently had to completely re-think this classic pattern after seeing it featured in some of these spaces, where it turns up looking quite sophisticated.

Looks so good in these contemporary / transitional rooms ~

Design by Bryan Patrick Flynn as seen in Country Living

the hotel L'Apogee Courchevel - as seen on tempodadelicadeza.com.br

as seen in Southern Living


fashion designer Jenni Kayne's home as seen in domainehome.com

And is equally stylish in these more traditional spaces, where it lends a fresh, casual feel ~




found on indulgy.com

design by Nell Hill


found on pinterest

I'm a total convert.

Of course, once I started noticing it in interiors, it dawned on me that I've been pinning buffalo check outfits like crazy since last fall.  And while I thought of those checked shirts that were all the rage as being a cozy, layer-with-a-down-vest look for fall, these pics have me realizing just how well it works for this winter-into-spring season too.  

paired with soft gray, black, and white jeans - pinterest

more crisp white jeans & gold accessories - a house in the hills

love the bright jeans for sunny spring days - from hello fashion

in dress form for full-on summertime - gal meets glam

And my version of this trend ~

buffalo checks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in! I look forward to hearing from you ~ Kitty